Terms of Service
1. I understand and agree that KentuckyOnlineDivorce.com (“Company” or “Site”) is not a law firm or an attorney, may not perform services performed by an attorney, and its forms or templates are not the substitute for the advice or services of an attorney. Rather, I am representing myself in this legal matter. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is created with Company.
2. If, prior to my purchase, I believe that Company gave me any legal advice, opinion or recommendation about my legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms or strategies, I will not proceed with this purchase, and any purchase that I do make will be null and void.
3. I understand that these Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to me in the event of a dispute as described in the Company Arbitration Agreement, contained in Paragraph 15 of these Terms of Service.
I understand that my purchase provides access to the platform and support services for thirty days. After thirty days, access automatically renews monthly and my card will automatically be charged the current rate, as indicated at my time of purchase (rate subject to change). Cancel renewals anytime by visiting My Profile
Storage Subscription. If you have purchased the Company Storage subscription, Company will electronically store your documents and data for easy data recovery. Customers using Company Storage are encouraged to keep original copies of their documents in a secure location. Notice that by canceling Storage subscription you give Company permission to delete all your data from our storage.
Fees. When you purchase a subscription, you will be charged in accordance with the billing terms in effect at the time of your initial purchase. If you purchase a subscription that is charged in full on purchase, in each renewal period for that subscription, you must pay the total cost of the next subscription period by the first day of that period. For each subscription, your charge remains for each subscription period no matter if you access the services or Site during any subscription term. In other words, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT USE THE SUBSCRIPTION, INCLUDING ACCESSING QUESTIONNAIRES, SUPPORT SERVICES, OR OTHER BENEFITS, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBSCRIPTION FEES UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION OR IT IS OTHERWISE TERMINATED.
Billing. You must provide valid credit card information at the time of purchase to allow payment for the initial membership term of a subscription.
Renewals. For your automatically renewing subscriptions, your subscription will renew at the end of the initial membership term (the “Billing Date”) and at the end of each successive membership term, until you notify us that you want to terminate your subscription under these Terms or your subscription is otherwise terminated. If you do not notify us, your credit card will automatically be charged for the renewal term of your subscription on your Billing Date. If your purchase date is on the 29th through 31st day of any month, your Billing Date for renewals in months with fewer days will fall on the last day of the month. Company may adjust your Billing Date in subsequent renewal periods without notice. This will be reflected by a charge to your account on a prorated basis according to the number of days that have passed since the Billing Date of your latest renewal charge. Unless Company otherwise notifies you in advance under these Subscription Terms, the renewal charge will be equal to the original purchase price for the subscription. Company may obtain automatic updates for any expiring credit cards you have provided.
You must pay Company the fees associated with your subscription. Additional discounts may be available for members purchasing multiple months up front or as part of certain promotions.
Notice of Automatic Renewal. We may send a reminder email to your account’s email address of record before your Billing Date. Unless required by law in the state where you reside, Company is not obligated to provide this notice. You acknowledge that (i) your failure to read, (ii) your inability to receive, or (iii) Company’s failure to send the email creates no liability for Company.
Promotional Trial Memberships. We sometimes offer customers trial memberships, all of which are subject to these Subscription Terms (unless otherwise stated in the offer). For a trial or other promotional membership with no initial charge, you agree we may authorize a charge of up to one dollar ($1) to your method of payment to verify your payment source. AT THE COMPLETION OF A TRIAL MEMBERSHIP, UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO CANCEL BY CALLING 833-481-2526 OR THROUGH MY PROFILE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL RENEW AUTOMATICALLY AND YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED TO BEGIN YOUR INITIAL MEMBERSHIP TERM.
Responsibility for Misuse. You may not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or otherwise make available to any party the benefits granted to you by or any content in your subscription; or (ii) change, reproduce, reverse engineer, make derivative works based on or referring to, or in any way exploit the licenses you have been granted with your subscription, or content or source code in your subscription
You are responsible for all expenses incurred or other actions that may occur through your use of a subscription. You must alert us immediately of any fraudulent, unauthorized, illegal, or suspicious use of a subscription or subscription benefits, or any other breach of security or unauthorized or illegal activity that you reasonably suspect.
Changes to Subscriptions.
General Changes. Company may discontinue the offering of a subscription, including the functionality, content, or availability of any features of subscriptions or Third-Party Services, at any time in its sole discretion. We may also impose limits on features and services or restrict your access to all or part of the subscription. However, you have the right to cancel your membership should we materially decrease benefits. If we add new features to a subscription, the new features will be subject to these Subscription Terms. If you add a product or service to your subscription, Company has the discretion to charge you a prorated portion of the costs to align your renewal date with your current subscription. Company will provide you notice before doing so.
Fee Adjustments. Company may increase subscription fees by notifying you of new fees at least 30 days before the beginning of a renewal term. The new fees will be effective on the first day of the renewal term. If you do not cancel your subscription, you will be deemed to have accepted the new fees for the renewal term and subsequent renewal terms (unless the fees are increased in the same manner for a subsequent renewal term). Reductions in fees become effective on the first day of the next renewal term without a pro rata adjustment for the period covered under the prior fee schedule.
Renewal Term Adjustments. Company offers subscriptions of various lengths. Company may increase the renewal term from monthly, quarterly, or otherwise, to quarterly, annually, or otherwise at our discretion by notifying you of the new renewal term at least 30 days before the beginning of a renewal term. If you do not cancel your subscription, you will be deemed to have accepted the new renewal term moving forward (unless the renewal term is changed in the same manner for a subsequent renewal term).
Discontinuation and Replacement of Subscriptions. Should Company cease to offer your subscription, we can discontinue your subscription, continue to provide it to you, or provision a replacement (similar or comparable product) at the then-current price. Additional fees may be charged for such replacement subscription. Company will notify you of new fees at least 30 days before they become effective.
By Subscriber. You may upgrade or downgrade your subscription to other available options at any time by calling our Customer Care Center at 833-481-2526 or by cancelling online at My Profile.
Termination or Cancellation
Company may terminate your use of all or part of the subscriptions in its sole discretion. As your sole remedy, we will refund to you any prepaid fees specifically related to the current term of that subscription.
Your right to use a subscription is subject to any limits established by Company or by your credit card issuer. If payment cannot be charged to your credit card or your charge is returned for any reason, including through a chargeback, Company may, in its sole and absolute discretion, suspend or terminate your access and account, which will terminate these Subscription Terms and our obligations under them. If a charge made to your credit card is declined, Company may, but is not obligated to, contact you and may make multiple attempts to bill that card over a thirty-day period.
If you wish to reactivate your account after a termination, the new term begins on the reactivation date.
By Subscriber. You may cancel your subscription at any time by calling our Customer Care Center at 833-481-2526 or by cancelling online at My Profile. After you have cancelled, your subscription will remain active until the end of then-current period.
Services After Termination. After your subscription is terminated or your membership term has ended, you will not be able to access the corresponding subscription offerings.
5. Limitation of Liability and Indemnification. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, I WILL HOLD COMPANY AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY ME OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF COMPANY, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO ME. THIS PARAGRAPH DOES NOT APPLY TO NORTH CAROLINA CUSTOMERS.
7. Platinum Service. If you choose to purchase our Platinum Service (sometimes called our Premium Service), the following provisions apply to you:
You are responsible for paying court filing fees.
You may make unlimited changes to your paperwork prior to the initial shipment to you.
You must review and approve forms for use and confirm your and your spouse’s mailing addresses prior to transmission or shipment for signature.
Once fully signed, we will make your initial filing with the court and either serve the divorce papers on your spouse or arrange for your spouse’s signature, varying by state. Your spouse must be willing to sign the paperwork for us to complete this service. Because significant work will have been performed, your spouse declining to sign the paperwork is not grounds for a refund.
Once your spouse has signed and returned all required paperwork, we will file the spousal documents with the court.
While we provide instructions, future court filings are your responsibility.
We will attempt to notify you if the documents you or your spouse are due to return are not received or are received but incomplete. We will retain incomplete documents or documents that cannot continue in the process for a minimum of 180 days, but may destroy them after that time as we consider the signatures stale. We will retain only electronic copies. This will necessitate repeating the signature process if you desire to move forward. Once we destroy documents we consider stale, we will return associated money orders to you absent you providing and our accepting contrary instructions. Company is not responsible for the cost of money orders lost in return shipping. As a courtesy, we will extend the time we retain stale paperwork for our subscribers, but cannot file them absent fresh signatures.
8. MEDIATION TERMS. If you are offered and/or choose to purchase mediation services, the following provisions apply to you:
Mediators providing services through this site are not attorneys and do not provide legal advice.
Our Mediators are professionals with a wide variety of backgrounds, who are intended to serve as neutral third parties who can assist with navigating disputes with your spouse. Although some Mediators may have professional certifications in law, counseling and similar fields, communication with a Mediator does not establish an attorney-client, therapist-client or doctor-patient relationship. The Company makes no representations or warranties regarding the background, licensure, competency or abilities of the Mediators.
Chat-Based Mediation: A chat-based Mediation Session is a fast paced text exchange between users and Mediators for the purpose of helping parties reach agreements. If you enable a chat-based Mediation Session, you and your spouse will be connected with a Mediator in a live chat. You understand that if you and your spouse are unresponsive for over 8 hours during a Mediation Session, the Mediator may close the session due to inactivity.
Live Mediation: A telephone or video conference Mediation session is a limited-time conversation between users and Mediators for the purpose of helping parties reach agreements.
YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT ALL COMMUNICATIONS DURING THE MEDIATION SESSION WILL BE CONFIDENTIAL AND THAT YOU WILL NOT PROVIDE SCREENSHOTS, PHOTOS, COPIES, OR THE CONTENT OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS DURING A MEDIATION SESSION IN ANY COURT PROCEEDING INVOLVING YOUR CO-PARENT. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SECTION, YOUR SPOUSE IS A THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARY OF THESE TERMS WITH FULL RIGHT AND AUTHORITY TO SEEK AN ORDER ENJOINING YOUR DISCLOSURE IN VIOLATION OF THIS SECTION. The Company may, but is under no obligation to, bring an action to enforce your compliance with this Section. For clarity, the foregoing confidentiality commitment extends only to Mediation Sessions involving you, your spouse, and a Mediator, and does not extend to any other communications on the Site.
If you are represented by an attorney, you are solely responsible for contacting, communicating and receiving any advice from your attorney before entering into an agreement or communication while engaged with a Mediator.
IF YOU ENGAGE WITH A MEDIATOR, YOU MUST INFORM THE MEDIATOR IF YOU HAVE A CURRENT CIVIL OR CRIMINAL PROTECTIVE ORDER IN PLACE EITHER PROTECTING YOU OR PROHIBITING YOU FROM CONTACT WITH YOUR SPOUSE.
The Company reserves the right to report to law enforcement and other appropriate state agencies if the Company has a reasonable suspicion that a child is suffering from emotional abuse, physical abuse or neglect, or if a Mediator has a reasonable suspicion that an identifiable person is a danger to himself or herself or to another. Safety is of the utmost importance and violence or threats will not be tolerated. The Company, however, has no legal obligation to monitor communications. If you receive threats from your spouse or any other user of the Platform, or if you suspect a child is being harmed, you should report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
To protect their privacy, mediators may not use their real names.
You expressly agree to pay any and all attorney’s fees and costs incurred by the Company or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, if you seek to compel any of them to testify, respond to discovery, authenticate communications or produce documentation.
9. ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENTS. Attorneys advertised on this site are independent attorneys. See the attorney in your area who's responsible for these advertisements. Company is not an "attorney referral service" or a law firm.
Notice to Alabama customers: No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
Notice to Missouri customers: The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.
Notice to New York customers: Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
10. Additional Terms. I understand that my purchase may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Any additional terms provided to me are incorporated herein by reference.
12. Future Products and Services. If I choose to add a product or service to my order subsequent to this initial purchase, these Terms of Service will apply to that additional product or service purchase as well.
13. Abandoned Orders. My purchase allows me to create my own legal documents. I understand that, other than as required by applicable law, I shall have no right to cancel, request a cash refund or obtain store credit other than as described by the Company Guarantee. Both parties acknowledge that Company is out of pocket time and money for undertaking the work and both parties fully intend to complete the order. Abandoned orders will result in liquidated damages equal to the amount paid to Company for reimbursement of our commitment to service this order.
14. Suspended Accounts. If Company encounters evidence of suspicious activity in connection with my account, including, but not limited to, evidence that my account is being used by someone who is not authorized to do so, I acknowledge that Company, in its sole discretion, may opt to temporarily disable my account for a reasonable amount of time in order to investigate. In the event that Company disables my account, I understand that, absent a subpoena or court order, no information about my account will be provided to anyone outside Company, including me or any authorized contact, until the investigation is complete. Additionally, I understand that Company, in its sole discretion, may decide not to send any documents associated with my account to me or file any such documents with any government authority, while my account is disabled. I acknowledge that Company will not be liable for any delays caused by these policies and procedures.
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by calling our Customer Care Center at 833-481-2526. In the unlikely event that the Company Customer Care Center is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if Company has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or in small claims court rather than in a court of general jurisdiction. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than a court does, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. While in some instances, upfront costs to file an arbitration claim may exceed similar costs to bring a case in court, for any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $75,000, Company will pay all costs of the arbitration. Moreover, in arbitration you may recover attorney's fees from Company to the same extent or more as you would in court. The arbitrator shall apply the same limitations period that would apply in court.
Under certain circumstances (as explained below), Company will pay you more than the amount of the arbitrator's award and will pay your attorney (if any) his or her reasonable attorney's fees if the arbitrator awards you an amount greater than what Company offered you to settle the dispute.
You may speak with independent counsel before using this Site or completing any purchase.
(a) Company and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us before a single arbitrator. The types of disputes and claims we agree to arbitrate are intended to be broadly interpreted. It applies, without limitation, to:
- claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory;
- claims that arose before these or any prior Terms (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
- claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class;
- and claims that may arise after the termination of these Terms.
For the purposes of this Arbitration Agreement, references to " Company," "you," and "us" include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, employers, business partners, shareholders, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or products under these Terms or any prior agreements between us. Beneficiaries include, but are not limited to, spouses, children, dependents, or others named in divorce documents.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. This arbitration agreement does not preclude your bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and Company are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. These Terms evidence a transaction or website use in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision will survive termination of these Terms.
(b) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send, by U.S. certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice") to the other party. A Notice to Company should be addressed to: Notice of Dispute, General Counsel, Online Divorce Service LLC, Corporate Center 11335 Northeast 122nd Kirkland, WA 98034 (the "Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If Company and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Company may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Company or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or Company is entitled.
(c) After Company receives notice at the Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration, it will promptly reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $75,000. (Currently, the filing fee for consumer-initiated arbitrations is $200, but this is subject to change by the arbitration provider. If you are unable to pay this fee, Company will pay it directly after receiving a written request at the Notice Address.) The arbitration will be governed by the Consumer Arbitration Rules (the "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association (the "AAA"), as modified by these Terms, for all claims under $75,000, and the applicable rules as determined by the AAA for all claims of or above $75,000, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitrator is bound by these Terms. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of the arbitration provision and the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of paragraph (f) are for the court to decide. Unless Company and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of your contact address. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, by a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If you choose to proceed either in person or by telephone, we may choose to respond only by telephone or submission. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the AAA Rules will determine whether you have a right to a hearing. The parties agree that in any arbitration of a dispute or claim, neither party will rely for preclusive effect on any award or finding of fact or conclusion of law made in any other arbitration of any dispute or claim to which Company was a party. Except as otherwise provided for herein, Company will pay all AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees for any arbitration initiated in accordance with the notice requirements above. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse Company for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. In addition, if you initiate an arbitration in which you seek relief valued at more than $75,000 (excluding attorney’s fees and expenses), the payment of these fees will be governed by the AAA rules.
(d) For claims under $75,000, if, after finding in your favor in any respect on the merits of your claim, the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of Company's last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected, then Company will:
- pay you either the amount of the award or $2,000 ("the alternative payment"), whichever is greater;
- and pay your attorney, if any, the amount of attorney's fees, and reimburse any expenses (including expert witness fees and costs), that your attorney reasonably accrues for investigating, preparing, and pursuing your claim in arbitration (the "attorney's payment").
If Company did not make a written offer to settle the dispute before an arbitrator was selected, you and your attorney will be entitled to receive the alternative payment and the attorney's fees, respectively, if the arbitrator awards you any relief on the merits. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees, expenses, and the alternative payment and the attorney's fees at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator's ruling on the merits. In assessing whether an award that includes attorney’s fees or expenses is greater than the value of Company’s last written settlement offer, the arbitrator shall include in his or her calculations only the value of any attorney’s fees or expenses you reasonably incurred in connection with the arbitration proceeding before Company’s settlement offer.
(e) The right to attorney's fees and expenses discussed in paragraph (d) supplements any right to attorney's fees and expenses you may have under applicable law. Thus, if you would be entitled to a larger amount under applicable law, this provision does not preclude the arbitrator from awarding you that amount. However, you may not recover duplicative awards of attorney's fees or costs. Although under some laws Company may have a right to an award of attorney's fees and expenses if it prevails in an arbitration proceeding, Company will not seek such an award for claims under $75,000.
(f) The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES AND NOT AS PLAINTIFFS OR CLASS MEMBERS IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR IN THE CAPACITY OF A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. Further, unless both you and Company agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award any relief that a court could award that is individualized to the claimant and would not affect other customers. Neither you nor we may seek non-individualized relief that would affect other customers. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph's limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court.
(g) If the amount in dispute exceeds $75,000 or either party seeks any form of injunctive relief, either party may appeal the award to a three-arbitrator panel administered by AAA by a written notice of appeal within thirty (30) days from the date of entry of the written arbitration award. An award of injunctive relief shall be stayed during any such appeal. The members of the three-arbitrator panel will be selected according to AAA rules. The three-arbitrator panel will issue its decision within one hundred and twenty (120) days of the date of the appealing party's notice of appeal. The decision of the three-arbitrator panel shall be final and binding, subject to any right of judicial review that exists under the FAA.
(h) Notwithstanding any provision in the applicable Terms to the contrary, we agree that if we make any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to any notice address, website link or telephone number provided herein), that change will not apply to any dispute of which we had written notice on the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate this arbitration provision, any such termination will not be effective until at least thirty (30) days after written notice of such termination is provided to you, and shall not be effective as to disputes which arose prior to the date of termination.
16. Installment Plan.
(a) Offering. The Company Installment Plan (the "Installment Plan") is available as a purchase option for certain products. Upon receipt of my initial payment, I will have access to the post-purchase questionnaires and other support services, but will not be able to complete my order or receive my final documents until I complete my Installment Plan payments.
(b) Billing. By opting into the Installment Plan, I agree to make an initial payment (the "Initial Installment Payment") immediately when I place my order or as otherwise agreed. I hereby authorize Company to charge my credit card for additional installments (each an "Installment Billing Date") on the dates arranged with my authorization. If we select a monthly Installment Plan and my purchase date is on the 29th through 31st day of any month, an Installment Billing Date for months with fewer days will fall on the last day of the month. Each payment will be of the same amount unless otherwise agreed, except that if the total purchase price does not divide evenly into the agreed number of parts, my final installment payment will include all outstanding amounts. I understand that I may pay my outstanding balance at any time without incurring additional charges.
(c) Default. If my credit card is declined, I agree that Company may make multiple attempts to bill that card. If I remain in default on a payment when a subsequent payment is due, I authorize Company to charge any due payment amounts to my credit card. I understand that Company may restrict my ability to use its service, including continuing work on questionnaires, or purchase other Company products if I am delinquent on any payment. I understand that Company may accept late or partial payments, as well as payments that reflect "paid in full" or other restrictive endorsements, without limiting any of its rights under these Terms of Service. I acknowledge that Company is out of pocket time and money for servicing partially paid orders, and fully intend to complete my Installment Plan payments and the order. Abandoned Installment Plans will result in liquidated damages equal to the amount paid to Company for reimbursement of its commitment to service the order.
(d) Notice of Automatic Billing. Company may send a reminder email to the email address of record for my account before my Installment Billing Dates. I acknowledge and agree that this notice is provided as a courtesy only, and Company is not obligated or required to provide such notice. I acknowledge and agree that (i) my failure to read, (ii) my inability to receive, or (iii) the failure of Company to send the email does not create any liability on the part of Company or any third-party service provider.
(e) Disputed Charges. I understand that if I dispute a charge to my credit card, I should call the Company Customer Care Center immediately at 833-481-2526 and Company will investigate the matter.
(f) Account Information. I agree to notify Company immediately of any changes to my credit card number, its expiration date, and/or my billing address, or if my credit card expires or is cancelled for any reason.
17. Delivery. For products delivered via physical shipment, I understand that Company uses a variety of carriers for each shipping option and will choose a delivery method for the shipping option and address I designate. If I select overnight delivery or two-day delivery, I agree that Company may use air or ground shipping as necessary to get my items to me within the promised time frame. The shipping fee indicated does not necessarily represent the actual amount paid by Company to the carrier chosen for the delivery of my order. It may include, in addition to the fees paid to the carrier, Company or third party handling and processing fees. For products delivered electronically, I understand that I will be notified via email when my product is complete and available for download. I understand that I may access my product by logging in to My Account.
18. Reviews. After your purchase, you may receive an email survey request from Company. You may also write a review on the Site. If you complete the survey or submit a review, your opinions may be posted, in whole or in part, on the Site or used in marketing material. The review may be accompanied by limited identifying information, such as your first name and last initial, the product you purchased, your gender, city and/or state, and age range.
19. Access to World Wide Web; Internet Delays. To use Company services, I must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. I am responsible for providing all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and Internet access. Access to certain Company services may be limited or delayed based on problems inherent in the use of Internet and electronic communications. I understand that Company is not responsible for delays, delivery failures, or other damage resulting from such problems.
20. Notice to California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users of our Site are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Digital Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
21. Force Majeure. Company shall not be considered in breach of or default under these Terms of Service or any contract with me, and shall not be liable to me for any cessation, interruption, or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder by reason of earthquake, flood, fire, storm, lightning, drought, landslide, hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, tornado, natural disaster, act of God or the public enemy, epidemic, famine or plague, action of a court or public authority, change in law, explosion, war, terrorism, armed conflict, labor strike, lockout, boycott or similar event beyond our reasonable control, whether foreseen or unforeseen (each a "Force Majeure Event"). If a Force Majeure Event continues for more than 60 days in the aggregate, Company may immediately terminate these Terms of Service and shall have no liability to me for or as a result of any such termination.
22. Right to refuse. I acknowledge that Company reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
23. I acknowledge that Company is not a registered or bonded legal document assistant under California Business and Profession Code, sections 6400 et seq. Company is located at Corporate Center 11335 Northeast 122nd Kirkland, WA 98034.
24. I acknowledge that I have had the opportunity to view sample templates of Company documents and may call Company Customer Care at 833-481-2526 with questions or for assistance locating sample templates.
25. By proceeding with my purchase, I agree to these Terms of Service.
26. Reviews and metrics compiled across our family of Divorce for All websites.